Monday, October 25, 2010

Stripling Warriors

Harry is a smart, tough, kid. I am grateful for the little insights that I get that show me that he listens to me on some level... every comment that he makes gives my heart a little pat of comfort, especially since I know how much I miss when I am not with them every day. I do miss the kids crafts, and holiday activities, and organizational charts, and reading to them every night, things that seem to get lost in my massive daily-to-do list. But what I REALLY miss are the teaching moments. It seems as if I am always reacting rather than teaching, and as my boys get older, I am more aware why the prophet has counseled us to stay at home.

Aunty Nia hurt her leg the other day, and Harry wanted to know if she had been able to get in to see the doctor. When I answered that the doctor had seen her, he said to me "I'm so glad that Heavenly Father blessed Aunty Nia, cause He knew she needed it."

Ron had a migraine, and Harry said, "I bet if he gets a blessing he will get better, that's all he needs."

And yesterday, he wrote a talk for primary all by himself and spoke about his favorite scripture (Alma 56:56) and how the Stripling Warriors listened to their mothers and had faith, and were protected from harm. Ah, the wish of my heart.

2 comments:

  1. Harry you are amazing!! We love you!! Pua you are a fantastic mom!! Those are all the little reminders we need to assure us that we are doing what's right!! love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH sweet boy! All of your kids are amazing. So nice when things are quiet and you can really hear what they are feeling and thinking. Awesome story

    ReplyDelete